I’m enjoying a night at home with my crew, watching the Academy Awards. It’s been a good day—real worship this morning during church at Seaford Baptist, a nap, some time to write, and best of all having all my kids at home with me tonight.
1. My crew asked me why the statuettes for the Academy Awards are named Oscars, and I realized I didn’t know. I don’t trust Wikipedia much, but I imagine their information on this subject is correct: OSCAR
2. It’s a rainy night, I wish it was a snowy night. Here are some Crazy Snowmen
3. Having been accepted into graduate school, I’m thinking once again about how a person learns, what goes into the act of learning. I found this article: 5 Reasons Cohorts Beat Learning Alone fascinating.
4. Watching the awards tonight reminds me that I very much want to see The King’s Speech. This week I read a great post by author Nancy Guthrie that incorporates a key element from that movie along with the fact that as believers we have a song. Exodus 15:2 The Lord is my strength and my song,and he has become my salvation;
5. I love the book The Giving Tree. Always have. I think this Macbook sticker is amazing.