It’s been a strange day–a good day, but a strange one. I am enjoying my crew tonight and am grateful and thankful for friends and family. Here’s tonight’s Sunday Sundries:
1. I appreciate and admire amazing photography. Here’s 13 Images from National Geographic’s latest photography contest.
2. For those too chicken for real roller coasters, here’s the first “walking roller coaster” I’ve ever seen. Seems like a great idea unless it is designed to go upside down…..
3. I have dear friends who have having to deal with the flooding in Thailand, so I found this article about innovative ways they are dealing with the flooding fascinating.
4. I showed these clips to my kids–they were fascinated particularly by the rotary telephone and the old camera: 11 Sounds your Kids Have Probably Never Heard
5. I would have to say that I have a pretty serious case of arachnophobia. I recently woke up to find a relatively tiny spider crawling across my covers and nearly fell out of bed trying to get away from it. Even still, I found this video of this spider wrapping this bug completely fascinating—it’s amazing how God has created this animal to survive like this: