I’m not a huge movie watcher, unless it is epic and at the theatre. But here is my pitiful list of the top ten Movies I watched this year.
1 Harry Potter 7 Part 2 certainly did not disappoint. It was a fantastic ending to a series of books that my children have grown up on.
2. Muppets Movie was everything I had hoped it would be. I love the muppets so much. The jokes are simple, the characters so unique and fun. Awesome movie
3. The Help: Well done adaptation to the terrific book by the same title. Laughed much, but also was a good treatise on the fact that we are only slightly removed from the time of civil unrest and horrific treatment of African-Americans
4. Despicable Me: Really enjoyed this movie! The minions were fantastic. I want my very own evil minion.
5. Voyage of the Dawn Treader: I wondered if the Chronicles of Narnia could maintain their momentum. This moving answered that question with “Yes.” Beautiful movie.
6. Inception: A great workout for the mind. Ingenious story idea.
7. The King’s Speech: Epic story. Learned so much, as well inspired by watching someone fight through all the way to the other side and stand in confidence to lead his country.
8. 127 Hours: Wow. Showcases the strength of human will.
9. Winter’s Bone: Tough movie, gritty, haunting. Very well acted.
10. Toy Story 3 I was skeptical that a third Toy Story movie wouldn’t work, but it absolutely did. Great job Pixar!