Happy Monday! Here are some interesting and helpful links for today:
1. Tim Challies tries to answer the question “What is a Scheme?” This story caught my eye because my son will be in Edinburgh, Scotland, next summer. We think of the poor in “poor” countries such as many of the African countries, but we forget that there are poor everywhere among us, even in Scotland.
2. In my never-ending quest to lose this weight that I’ve gained, I get encouragement from stories such as this: One man lost 245 pounds. He did it by following the three “P’s”. Find out what those “P’s” are and see his transformation.
3. I’m trying to be more cognizant of football this year so I can speak intelligently about it. (which is a stretch for my nerd-directed brain). Jon Acuff addresses “Fantasy Football Church Panic”. Love it. Our soon-to-be senior pastor regularly puts on his FB wall messages such as “NO ONE tell me the score to such and such game because I’m taping it to watch later.” Cracks me up.
4. Negotiating and Mediating are critical skills for a pastor; and really pretty much anyone. Much can be learned from the techniques of the FBI. Here are 5 steps to Negotiating Like an FBI Agent. Note the most important step: Number 1.
5. Justin Taylor shares with us reviews of a new “Anti-Porn” router. This could be the first step a family can take in preventing porn from ever coming over the internet and exposing it’s dangers to both the children and the adults of the house.