- We remember the clear blue sky
- We remember the fall, September day
- We remember the ordinary that would soon turn into horrifying
- We remember the attack
- We remember the police and firefighter heroes
- We remember the Pentagon
- We remember the heroes of the Pennsylvania crash
- We remember where we were
- We remember those who are mourning deeply the loss of loved ones today
- We remember
- We will not forget
God is a God who calls us to remember. To remember the Passover. To remember Jacob’s wrestle with God. To remember our Savior’s last supper.
We remember birthdays and anniversary’s.
Sometimes we remember in order to celebrate. Sometimes we remember in order to honor God. Sometimes we remember in order to mourn.
Today, each of us will remember where we were at when we heard. We will remember the images that can not be forgotten. Some of us will mourn deeply. All of us will mourn in empathy.
Sometimes we remember in order to never forget.
We will never forget.
“He heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds.” Psalm 147:3