Mean Irene has moved on up the coast. Today has been a day of cleaning up the debris and putting things back to right in the house–all the things we had moved to prepare for the flooding which thankfully didn’t occur at our house. Others are not as fortunate and are dealing with water damage tonight–my thoughts are on my friends who are having to look into house repairs and insurance claims.
1. 10 Beautiful Art Quilts. My favorite, of course, is the Muppet Quilt.
2. How Big is the sun compared to earth? Justin Taylor illustrates it for us.
3. Three guys decided to take a trip around the world, and recorded/edited it down to 3 great 1 minute videos. Take a look HERE
4. One of the things we did while waiting out Irene was to watch LOST episodes. We like watching it and pointing out all the different Hawaiian locations we are familiar with. It wasn’t unusual to see the Lost crew filming around the island…often they were at the end of our street, which is the start of a hike to Manoa Falls. We also enjoy watching Claire’s baby, who was a baby in our church (who played baby Jesus for the proverbial Christmas pageant.) Anyway, probably this is of interest only to those familiar to Hawaii, but here’s a list of filming locations in Hawaii.
5. Lastly, I’ve been trying to teach myself the productive software EVERNOTE. I would like to use mostly to capture ideas and writing prompts, organize material that I want to keep, as well as help me to be as paperless as possible. Right now I have 3 files: Writing Ideas, Writing Tips and Leadership Material. With Evernote I can capture the things I know will be useful, that I don’t want to forget. There’s a lot more I need to learn about it, but it seems to be fairly simple and it’s free. You can down load it HERE. I’m not sure if there is a program for PC’s or not. Below is a humorous video describing Evernote: